Thursday, February 26, 2015

Next milestone

At our age, we keep bumping into new milestones. Mine have been many – first time I was on a softball team when the nearest birthdate of a player was two decades after mine – when I had worked for my firm for more than half my life – when I hired someone younger than my kid – all this stuff interests me.

Well, next month, I get my first payment of my social security benefits. I didn’t really think I would ever make it, at least before whole system when bankrupt. But here I am, drawing my first retirement check – another milestone.

And, on my birthday, I am heading to the Cabrillo National Monument so I can buy my National Parks System Senior Lifetime Interagency Pass good for National Parks entrance fees, half priced camping, and a few other goodies, for the rest of my life!

Another milestone reached!

Talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment