Sunday, November 27, 2016

I knew better!


I am back on Blogger now. Blogger didn’t work well on the Ipad, so when we were in Europe I used Wordpress. Wordpress at least worked acceptably on the Pad. But I won’t use it if I can get decent access to a laptop. Guess I am just a technological dinosaur!

Miraculously when we returned, I fired up the HP laptop and shazam! We were immediately connected to the good old Bougiegrnk wireless network – unbelievable we could be gone 6 months and our wireless network didn’t skip a beat!

So, in preparing the house for the market, I have been room by room getting it ready. The office was the room I attacked next, removing the desk and shelves and all other loose items. The room next door has a built in desk, so the office moved over there.

Seeming so simple, I ignored the nagging voice that told me not to do it as it would certainly result in disaster. I disconnected the wireless router and moved it next door. What was I thinking! Of course, when I hooked it back up, it’s deader than a doornail. I keep getting error messages that the IP address is incorrect, and of course, I have no idea how to fix that!

So, if you are reading this, it means that COX has been out and I soon will have paid for my bad judgment. I mean literally paid – I will have to write a big check. COX no longer does network maintenance unless you pay their people by the hour!

Oh, by the way. The Woman decided she needed a new dog – she misses Niko something awful. I suggested we maybe consider getting a different breed so we don’t constantly compare our new dog to Niko. Good news and bad news. Good – the Woman agreed. Bad – she has decided she needs a Cavachon – a mix of a Bichon (ala Niko) and a King Cavalier Spaniel. Holy crap are they expensive! He is named Kona in respect of Nick’s old buddy.

Here’s hoping to be back on the road again after the first of the year. Hope your holidays are great!

Talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment