Monday, April 17, 2017

Evertything breaks!


At 10 years old, everything in a motorhome starts to break. However, I can’t blame this one on that. The space heater in the back closet fell into the door, and when the Woman opened the bedroom slide, the rear closet door that had been pushed open a bit shattered. I assumed a replacement would be needed, if that could even be found.
I managed to glue the frame of the door, but the backing to the glass had been stapled to the door originally. There was not enough wood in the frame to allow me to attempt to re-staple the backing. So, I found some clear Gorilla Tape, and with a few very small brads, and an ample amount of this Gorilla Tape, I think I was able to make a workable fix.
The sunshade on the driver’s side won’t retract. A hunk of rope tied to the back of the shade and wrapped around a cabinet door handle at least lets me see out the windshield enough to drive.
The remote control for the DVD players only works now and then. I can tell you it is almost impossible to navigate through today’s DVD’s without the remote. There are limited controls on the face of the DVD player, but they don’t allow you to access the needed advance features.
And now the Woman tells me that the toilet will not flush without some manual intervention. Not sure I will be able to tackle that one!
Talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment