Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Allright, gotta do one more blog

Our advancing age continues to play havoc with our day to day lives. Little things like not remembering where the keys are and not being able to find glasses are frustrating, but this one takes the cake.

As our friend Ron had warned us, our primary dead bolt lock on the front door of Colectiva is not working properly. We had an RV tech pull it apart, and he could get the lock to lock using the key from the outside, but not to open. From inside the coach, the latch switch works just fine, so we can lock the door at night and open it in the morning. We just can’t unlock the door from the outside once it is locked.
So, we left the coach yesterday to do some shopping, and when we returned, I could not open the front door. I couldn’t at first figure out why, but looking closer, I realized that the main dead bolt lock was engaged, and I couldn’t open it with the key. It turns out that even though the Woman had known at one point that the lock was broken, when we left the coach, she locked it anyway. I could not open it, even though Kona was staring out the window at me with “Help me” eyes. I honestly didn’t know if a locksmith could even help us as this was a dead bolt, and there was no way to disassemble the mechanism from outside Colectiva.
As I was googling locksmiths on my phone, the Woman says to me that she had found she left the window over the couch unlocked – good news. Bad news – the window sill is about 7 feet off the ground. I pulled an Adirondack chair over under the window and told the Woman either I helped her reach the window to climb in, or she help me. She said she couldn’t lift me, meaning I had to help her. I propped my knee up for her to step on, but she said she couldn’t step that high. So, putting hands firmly on both back pockets on her jeans, I literally pushed her up through the window, where she tumbled down the couch onto the floor.
Problem solved, I guess. But I am tired of all the 65 stuff. Wish I could have gotten some amusing photos of the whole event!
Talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment