Friday, April 13, 2018

Thought it was my hitch - wrong!

Soon after I had my Roadmaster tow bar serviced at an RV Rally, I was in San Diego. After bottoming out my hitch receptacle leaving a particularly uneven intersection, the Equinox began lurching violently from right to left, causing Colectiva to actually sway from the force. I came to an abrupt and complete stop, but when I slowly pulled forward to find a place to pull off the road, it stopped. This has happened a handful of times since then, and the same routine stops it. I assumed it had something to do with tightening up the tow bar with new components, but since I now know how to stop it, I haven’t really investigated it further.

Until I read the October issue of Motorhome magazine. Apparently, a large number of Chevrolet Equinox owners who tow their 4-cylinder models report this same issue. Apparently, it doesn’t plague the 6-cylinder models, only the 4. Apparently, Chevrolet has acknowledged the volume of complaints from Equinox 4-cylinder owners but has no idea why this seems to happen. They still officially list the vehicle as flat towable. Chevy says that they will continue to investigate and will post any findings.
I guess it wasn’t just me! Oh, and sorry Roadmaster, not you either!
Talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment