Saturday, October 10, 2015

Wildlife encounters

With all the hiking we were doing in very remote locations of the Cibola National Forest we were expecting to see some wildlife somewhere along the way. But for the most part we were only seeing two legged wildlife – birds. Not that they weren’t pretty – especially the Mountain Bluebirds – but we wanted to see more. So I began making requests.

So on our next hike, I said aloud “I would wish to see some four legged wildlife. Well, my request was granted. However, instead of a mountain lion or the like, this is what we got.

So on the next hike, I thought I needed to be more specific. So as we headed out I said aloud “I would wish to see a four legged mammal. Again, my wish was granted, but again nothing big. This is what we got.

So I tried again. On our next hike I said aloud “I would wish to see a four legged mammal that has legs longer than a foot or so.” Again, my wish was fully granted, but I had again been too cryptic – we tend to see lots of deer, even though this guy was beautiful.

So I finally said to heck with it – none of this general inference. On our next hike I said aloud “I want to see bear or cougar!” Well, wish granted. Although this guy was moving pretty fast one he heard us and between the zoom and his speed, it’s a little blurry in the photo. But now I know to be more specific!

Hopefully we never get a chance to encounter this particular kind of wildlife out on our hikes. While they claim to be big in Alaska, even there they are not this big!

Talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment