Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Shelter in place bullets dodged

Out walking the beach walkway, I got to see the Deep South though of the day. “Media / Govt spreading panic / fear – In law it’s terrorism”. I can’t wait to see what’s next! Although I don’t have to wait too long. Each day we walk along the beach there is a new thought of the day. Thank goodness the supply chains serving liquor stores seems to be working, so we can properly medicate ourselves with wine to prepare for the next daily message.

With all the troublesome issues with the shelter in place orders due to Covid 19, there are more challenges to get routine things done. Our AC in the Equinox crapped out on a particularly hot day, but we managed to find a Pep Boys that just opened last week (good timing!) with mechanic bays and a mechanic on hand. Luckily, the next day (and every day since) it was working fine, so we just cancelled the appointment.

Before the shelter in place orders on my last visit inside a Walmart I bought a sound bar to help us listen when we play DVDs. Even with the volume turned up full on the TV, we often couldn’t hear what the characters are saying. It worked great! That is until the Woman opened the TV cabinet and damaged the cable. I couldn’t stand the idea of going back inside a Walmart – thankfully given a week or so, Amazon can still deliver some product, like audio cables. Problem fixed!

We had consciously decided not to do takeout food – no need to take any chances – but finally the stir-crazy set in hard. I ordered 10 wings each of Salt and Vinegar, Lemon Pepper, Chipotle and Buffalo. They said they would deliver on their website, but I couldn’t get it to work. So, I just ordered for pickup, assuming they would bring my food out to my car. When I got there, there was no signage indicating how to get your food brought to the car. So, with no other choice, I went inside. It was pretty crowded and hard to keep an appropriate space. I hid in the corner, and luckily it wasn’t long before my takeout order was ready. The only thing positive thing about this experiment was that they had a standing BOGO deal running – wished I had known that when I ordered – would have ordered half what I did!




Fortunately, alongside the last thought of the day was something far more upbeat. Out in the middle of the hot, dry and arid sand of the vast beach was one little flower who decided to make a different kind of statement – strength and survival. Seems a bit more upbeat, even if I do say so myself.
Talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment